Monday, December 27, 2010

Vintage Spinster's Favorite Things Part I: Giving

I hope everyone had a fabulous Holiday weekend. Mine was cut short a few hours because of the giant East Coast snowstorm, but everything worked out well in the end.  Now that the storm has cleared, there is sun light and I can photograph my wonderful Christmas gifts. Today I am going to share some of the gifts I gave to the Vinyl Whores. Of course I gave them records, all well received and only one duplicate! I won't be posting those here, that's for them to share on their blog.

Dan has harbored some serious envy over my Roseanne Afghan. While I couldn't find one for him like mine, I did find this fabulous Ripple Afghan at Goodwill.
It's wool and very cozy. It did need some repairs and a good wash but it was well worth the work. It looks fabulous in their living room.

Remember this?
 
Dan previously owned a Penguin shaped cocktail shaker, but it didn't really look so great with their existing bar ware. Garth and I were discussing what Dan could get to replace it and decided that it needed to be like mine. So I said why don't I just go buy the one I found in Stratford? So I did. it looks so great with their gold circular glasses caddy and Georges Briard glasses.


I hemmed and hawed over giving these freaky gnome bookends I found at Savers to Garth. I don't know why. He loves them and they are the perfect thing for his extensive collection of  Lord of the Rings paperbacks.  Maybe I was stressed because they were so chipped but I fixed that with some markers.


Also for Garth: Ceci n'est pas une pipe.

It's a pipe planter!

Finally, the Vinyl Whores have a collection of southern kitsch. On their wall in their living room they have a couple pieces of Marcrest American Heritage Dinnerware. I actually found another dinner plate at the Coolonial Estate sale I went to last month.  I thought that was exciting! A few weeks ago at the Foxon Goodwill I thought I had found another plate. Then I looked closer, then I had to get a cart. I found an entire set! 12 dinner plates, 12 salad plates, 12 saucers.  All except one plate in great condition.  It was so exciting to be able to give this to them.




Check back tomorrow for Part II of my Favorite things post when you get to see what the Vinyl Whores gave to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment