Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Here Kitty, Kitty, Kitty...

I posted about these guys in my Monday thrift share post. 


I just want to make it clear that I am NOT collecting cat figurines. I already lean towards the "crazy cat lady" lifestyle, there is no need to go nuts. I bought these two because they have a cool retro vibe to them. Friends and family, by all means if you see cool retro kitties, grab em'!

For your consideration: Good Kitties...



And I'd take a set of Holt Howard Kitties any day of the week!



And Bad kitties...
Big Eyed kitties FREAK ME OUT!


If you put a candle in this ones butt, it lights up! WTF?


And I don't even know what to say about these little twee things...


They do remind me of my cats in one respect. Sirius and Tonks often make these faces when I leave for work.
Here they are playing the "I'm-so-cute-you-can't-possibly-want-to-leave" card



6 comments:

  1. good scores, I'm not mad on cat stuff either but some of it has great resale value, esp. the mid-century Japanese pieces.
    www.KittysVintageKitsch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, i don't blame you for pickin' those lil things up! i have this awesome wooden siamese cat that's one of my new loves..

    as far as big eyed kittie goes, yikes! scary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love picking up cute vintage or retro cats, i am a crazy cat lady defiantly, but i dont need all kinds of cat stuff to prove it.
    I do have a small white porcelan cat that sits on my book shelf and also a rather large black cat and its actually a candle. I kept passing it up but it was still at goodwill after almost 2 months of me first spotting it, so i knew it was meant to go home with me. it's loosing its clear coat so i'll have to fix that somehow but those are the only two cat things that I have.
    however I DO want one of those vintage cat clocks where the tail and eyes move! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable! I love cats, and therefore all things CAT. I love the Holt Howard kitties and the big eyed kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love my cat Charlie. So many people started giving me 'cat' stuff...most of it ugly! sigh...I do love vintage stuff and I do have some very cool cats which I will feature in a post soon. Your finds are great and yes Holt Howard cats any day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HA! Why did they make candle holders were you put the candle in their butt? We used to have an owl one, which come to think of it, I'd love to have now! I got one Holt Howard cat and she is hanging out with a dog because she lost her friends. Poor kitty

    ReplyDelete