Monday, January 3, 2011

Thrift Share Monday: First of 2011!

As I mentioned in my previous post the Vinyl Whores came up for a long weekend visit from NYC. I met them in Norwalk, CT and we spent two days thrifting our way up the Connecticut shoreline to New London.  We got many, many treasures but by far the best was when we returned to the Foxon Goodwill where I had originally purchased the Plantation dishes.

People, Dan found the cups.


There were also a few more saucers and small plates. I also found the creamer and 1 bowl.
Originally it had been a set of 16 and now they are only missing a couple plates and the bowls.
SCORE!

I had more Pyrex luck this weekend than I've had in a long time.

Four fridgies? Get out! I found the blue with the lid, dishwashered with no chips for $1. I got the brown, no lid but perfect condition otherwise for $2. The two little guys might have been pink or red. they were 50 cents each. As you can see there is hardly any color left. I'm planning on using them for storage around the house.


I also had great Spring Blossom finds. The carafe came from a Salvation Army for $2., the casserole came from Savers for $3, and the cups from Goodwill for 50 cents ea.


While Spring Blossom is my official Pyrex pattern, I am also hanging on to any of the green pieces and any measuring cups. I found the Square Flower mixing bowl in Verde for $1.50 from Goodwill. I've never seen one of these storage containers before, but I was happy to buy it in green for $3. I found the measuring cup at the Salvation Army for 25 cents. It doesn't have a spout, Dan's theory is that it's a dry measure. Whatever it is, it's old.


In your neck of the woods are the Christmas items half off? In ours they are and I managed to score some vintage finds. I think the kitties will be old enough next year for me to put up a few things. Though I still dread the idea of putting up a tree.

We had one of these little plastic nativities when I was a kid. Though it had a shallower pitch to it's roof.  I love that it is glittery and had a 50 cent price tag.  The little ceramic tree does not light up, but it's cute. I think it was $1.


Vintage shiny brites! In their original owners shoe box! (I love that) I got all of these for 50 cents. Some are quite faded but I think that gives them character.  The faceted "disco" balls are plastic but I think they are still vintage, the loop that you put the hook through is not very modern looking.

That's all for now. There was so much more, but I need to save some posts for the thrifting drought that is going to happen as of next week. I'm going to Portland to visit my Mom at the end of this week, (Fear not there will be much shopping in that mecca of recycled living.) After that I start costume designing 2 shows on top of my already busy work schedule. So I'm guessing there will be little opportunity to visit the thrifts until March. No worries, I have plenty of things to share until then.

Check back tomorrow for my Kitchen Redux. I have all this Pyrex, I have beautiful glass front cabinets, and I am ashamed to say I have not been displaying things properly. ( And you all think I'm sooo organized!) I spent last night rearranging the cabinets and drawers. I have a quick trip to make to Ikea today for some shelves and then I will be finished and it's on to packing for my trip.

I'm linking up to  Apron Thrift Girl's Thrift Share Monday.

5 comments:

  1. I do believe the 'disco' balls are vintage as I clearly remember them hanging on our tree back ion the early seventies. Oh Rats. Does that make me vintage too??
    Love everything-especially the Christmas Ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all these beautiful vintage bits, can't wait for you to share your Kitchen Redux tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the decs! Also - decs are mostly 1/2 off here too - which means I can buy exspenive stuff for next year! I hope you had a lovely time - a very happy new year to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes, Pyrex, I'm getting hooked. I like that you're sticking to the one color. I think it's dry measure, too. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the ornaments!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies! Happy New Year to you all!

    ReplyDelete