Monday, January 10, 2011

Thrift Share Monday, Special Oregon Edition Number 1

Well, so much for the idea of posting while I was away. I spent my time thrifting, not typing!  Here are just a few of the goodies I found....

Only one tray, but one I did not have: Utah! $2 from Goodwill.



It was a trip all about Pyrex divided dishes
One in Spring Blossom for $7, One in Square Flowers for $6. Both from Goodwill.
The brown lid did not originally belong to the Square Flower dish, but whatevs.


 $4 bag of kitchen utensils from Value Village.


 The Goodwill Outlet, (or By-the-pound Goodwill or the Bins) was very good to me.
On the left a vintage bandanna and hankie,
on the right a new Eddie Bauer down vest.


 I also found this amazing handmade patchwork quilt. All the colored squares are feed sack fabric.
It is so old, it has barely any loft left in the quilting
It has one largish stain that looks like coffee or tea which I should be able to tackle.


 I'm lucky I got a photo without my Mom's cat on it. She couldn't stay away from this thing.
It's back to reality (and a snowstorm?!) tomorrow. I'll have plenty  more to share over the next couple weeks. 

Once again I'm linking up with Apron Thrift Girl's Thrift Share Monday.
Be sure to click over and see what else people found!




6 comments:

  1. I'm soooo amazed by your new quilt! Big score from a bin?? at Goodwill?! Would love to see the fabric up close!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome textile and kitchen finds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to see a close up too! I've found more really old linens at the clearance center than anywhere else!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the down vest and the quilt. Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will definitely post details on the quilt soon! I have some great closeup shots. I want to see if I can tackle that stain first.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohh great new to me blog-fab-o nerd! :) the quilt is painfully delicious!

    ReplyDelete