Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Live Thrift Share Monday Wrap Up

Well, I hope you all had a fabulous (virtual) time with me during my President's Day thrifting extravaganza. I had a great time.  Here are a few more photos to wrap it up. Starting the day off right, a cup of coffee in my 5 year service award travel mug:


Vintage Arby's:
(No, I didn't eat there.)


I chatted with Garth from the Vinyl Whores on the phone while at the Red, White, and Blue Thrift. So I perused their small album section for him while I had him on the line. I only came away with this:


Naked. Judy. Colins.


Here is a slightly better shot of the 49'er Jacket.


These signs were at the St. Vincent De Paul Thrift Store.
These are my kind of people.


They had this amazing Brasilla bedroom set for $225.00. Which I think is a great price, but I have no room for it.  (I have a mahogany Rway set I'm not ready to part with.)


And then there is the Humidifier. I turned around and this box was sitting at eye level on a pile of furniture. I only really saw the kaz Inhalant ad on the other side of the box and I thought "Ooo, I like kaz Inhalant." (Don't judge, I have allergies) "Is that a case of Inhalant? Do I want a case of old Inhalant? I might...lemme just see...OMG IT'S HUMIDIFIER!!!" (It was a capslock(e) moment.) 


It has all its parts and it's instructions. When I get a chance I will scan the instructions and post them. That way those of us with vintage humidifiers will be able to care and feed for them properly. BTW the inhalant was not still in the box, but I'm sure I have a bottle of it somewhere.


The Savers in Meriden had this interesting setup a set of dishes would be packaged in a basket with a dish towel and you get the whole kit and caboodle for one price. Cute. I found this Stetson set lurking on the back of the bottom shelf for $4. The pattern is close enough to the Star Glow that I'll take it. There is some crazing, one cracked plate and no lid to the sugar bowl.


Here is a close up of the pattern. I know I've seen it. I know it's Stetson, but the name escapes me and I don't feel like digging through the Replacement's Ltd. site right now.


I'm ending the night with a G & T in one of my new low ball globe glasses. Cheers! And thanks to all who participated on Blogger and Facebook. Let's do it again next year!


I'm linking up with Apron Thrift Girl's Thrift Share Monday.
You all better check out her blog, because she is a-mazing!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, you could make so much BANK off that Brasilia set! Easily Triple your money. I've had people drive 6 hours for Brasilia. I'd go back for it. The nightstand alone is worth the asking price. I drove from St. Louis Mo. to Chicago to buy just a Nightstand and Queen Headboard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to post earlier but passed out when I saw the price for the Brasilia. I agree with Mr. Modtomic, that's well worth bringing home and Craigslisting or Ebaying it. I really enjoyed your virtual tour today. It was fun to see all of your pics and your great deals. Thanks for the effort you put into it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheesh...the price on that Brasilia is almost worth driving all the way from Texas to buy! I really enjoyed your virtual tour. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a couple of days behind but your President's Day Live Thrift Share was super fun. That humidifier is really neat. Thanks for the virtual shopping extravaganza!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my - I would have bought that Brasilia in a heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete