Friday, February 11, 2011

A Parliment of Owls

I've been slowly aquiring a small collection of that bastion of 70's kitsch...
Macrame Owls!

Horace was purchased at the Salvation Army in Sacramento, CA
(He has a twin that lives with the Vinyl Whores!)


This is Betty, she came from Goodwill in Groton, CT.


And Charlie came from Goodwill in Wilsonville, OR.


You met him before.  I finished his tail and he's looking much better now.
Here are his before shots....



I've noticed Charlie hangs crooked on his hanging loop. I have no idea why and I think that there is little I can do about it. I guess you can't be too choosy with owls from the Goodwill.

1 comment:

  1. One of the few decorations hanging in my grandmother's house, that macrame'd, second from the top owl has been collecting dust to the left of the tv in her living room ever since my Aunt Donna made it for her sometime after marrying my Uncle Harold in the late 60's. I used to be FASCINATED by this thing as a kid. One difference, though-- ours has some kind of large, clear-amber bead eyes. To make it more terrifying, duh!

    Thanks for posting these, that just took me on a nostalgia trip. :)

    ReplyDelete