Monday, February 21, 2011

Thrift Share Monday: Special Live Blogging Event for President's Day!

I've gassed up Scooter Subaru, put the seats down in the hatchback, and taken a prophylactic Imodium to keep the Crohn's at bay. I've got my tip money in my pocket, and I am hitting the road early for the  President's Day sales at the thrift stores! I will not even be deterred by the snow! Savers is having their  Boot Kickin' Sale with 50% off clothes, shoes, accessories, and bed and bath items. Goodwill is having a 50% off everything in the store sale. I will be Live Blogging the entire day!

Keep checking back throughout the day for updates. You may also stay connected via Facebook by "Liking" the Vintage Spinster Page because I will be updating that too. Want to subscribe by email? There's a button for that on the side bar to your right.

You never know when I might find something like this:


Yep, that's a bed pan. A used bed pan. The only people who should ever buy used bed pans are theater and film people, because said used bed pans should be used for prop purposes only. And maybe even then we should only buy new ones and just distress them ourselves with like, paint or something. Because a used bed pan, even used as a prop, is just plain gross.

10 comments:

  1. O.O .... oh dear... please don't find one of those again. *vom*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am joining you on FB and will continue throughout the day to check back here. This is a fun idea. I wish I had internet access from my phone. Happy President's Day and good hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was at a yard sale this summer and there were at least 2 of those and about 3 urinals. I joked with the family selling, mentioning that when the school nurse retired, I had thought of getting one of these as a JOKE gift. The family then told me that an aunt, had a urinal on the wall, in the bathroom, with flowers. Now, somewhat clever, but still, a used urinal? EWWWW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know what's even scarier? I took that picture at the Goodwill a couple weeks ago. That bedpan is no longer there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I shouldn't use one as a punch bowl for a retro party? Cause that enamel is pretty cool. :-) jk of course.

    ReplyDelete
  6. um wow. That's just weird. Gross and weird. Strange, the things you find at thrift stores, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH. MY. GOODNESS!!!! We saw a bed pan while out thrifting on Saturday. it was BEHIND the counter with the "really good" stuff. WHAT! THE! HECK!!!!???!!! Funny that there are TWO out in thriftland. LOL.

    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tip money? You're supposed to tip at the thrift store?

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ATG- not unless you find one that you are sure is unused! ;) Maybe the behind the counter item Tiffany is referring to? Clearly that was a quality bedpan!

    @Judy. At the end of a theater run, actors usually tip their dresser. So it's my tip money I'm referring to. It's nice compensation for dealing with someone elses dirty undies.

    ReplyDelete