Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Infinite Variety II: The Legend Continues

So what is a quilt show without  some prizes?

Best Crib Quilt
Applique Alphabet 
Most Random Patch
President Taft! Because hey...
it's President Taft?
Best Hawaiian
Note the exquisite echo quilting.
Best Use of a Printed Fabric

I love how the MCM print
mirrors the blocks of the quilt.
Bast Use of a Tiny Bit of Color Besides Red 
Best Fundraising Quilt

Best Log Cabin
Most Stitches Per Square Inch
See?
P.S. Love the Print

Best Use of Recycled Materials
A Personal Favorite
Just bleach out your flour sacks
and add embroidery!

Most Passive Agressive

Runner Up
Most Passive Agressive

Best Use of Red and White in Balance
Is it red? Or white?
White? Or Red?
My eyes can't focus!
(Neither can the camera.)




4 comments:

  1. The last one is my favourite but I love the idea of the 'Most Passive Aggressive' category.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely breathtaking. I can't pick a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking us to the Quilt Show! I love the flour sack quilt. I have a few quilt tops I bought that were made by an older lady who used whatever material scraps she could find including old clothes. Each one has a story of its own (sounds like American Pickers).

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first visit to your blog and what do I see?? My favorite - red and white quilts!! Those are all gorgeous...I kept seeing them and thinking, "oh! i like that one best!" then I'd scroll down and it started all over again!! :)

    ReplyDelete