Monday, March 14, 2011

Thrift Share Monday

As promised here are my fabulous finds from The Helping Hands Community Thrift Store:

While Carol, who runs the English Building Markets, thought she got all the available Vera last week, one lone scarf and a napkin set escaped her eagle eye. Or maybe they just got put out on the floor later.


The napkins were only .25 each! (The scarf $1.25) When I looked at them more closely I got really nervous about the signature, since it doesn't have the copyright symbol. But then I found this Etsy listing with a Vera Tablecloth from 1979. The signature is identical to the one on the tablecloth which is still in it's packaging. (Note the price tag, it's from The Bon. They would never sell a knockoff.)



I also found a vintage bandana for .99. And I picked up a power strip for .99 since I recently broke the one that my humidifier is plugged into. 


Oh hello little fridgie. Yes, you may come home with me for .99.



I can't wait to go back. It will be a while though, I don't have many days off this month. Though the OT I worked last week makes up for the car repairs and then some. This week won't be as crazy, but it will still be very work-centric. I'll be posting for Trade Me Up on Friday and I am hoping to get a post up on Pyrex Collective II at some point this week.

Once again I'm linking up to the hostess with the mostest Apron Thrift Girl for her Thrift Share Monday.
You should also check out her Little Shop, all of her sales this week will go to the charity of your choice to help Japan.

10 comments:

  1. Lovely finds! I love the bandana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vera products have several different signatures. You can check it out online I'm sure to help you date the items! I love your finds for sure! I didn't get out this week but today I think I'll venture to my thrift where it's half price day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those Vera pea pod napkins—what a great score. My mom had a ton of Vera but of course didn't keep it. Grrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those towel prints- especially the ones with whimsical vegetables dancing across the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those veggie napkins are cool, remind me of a series of kids' books from my youth called 'The Garden Gang'...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the old red dish with the lid, It brings back memories of my mom's cooking salt dish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like that Fridgie! that this is cool! I wish I could find the whole set for cheap! I'll definitely be keeping my eye out at thrift stores for some of those!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the veggie napkins and the fridgie. Cool finds!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Be careful with those power strips. I had one actually blow up--- it seems not all electrical things are meant to be plugged into those.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your blog...you (re)inspired the pyrex collector in me reminding me of my love for pyrex. After reading through your blogs I took out my pyrex remembering I have sets to finish...lids to find...what have I been doing??? Oh, ya...kids. Well they are bigger now and can fend for themselves a bit. I live in Texas and I'm thinking some pyrex may have been common in this state....hard to find in NY and vise versa...I feel some trades comming :) I'll see ya at your Pyrex blog :)

    ReplyDelete