Friday, March 25, 2011

Trade Me Up-date

A couple weeks ago I joined the team at The Pyrex Collective II.  I decided that would be a perfect venue to cross promote the Pyrex divided casserole I posted for trade in the first week of Trade Me Up. Lo and behold I get an email from Paula from Canada. She has the Spring Blossom Cinderella bowl I am missing and is looking to start a black and white Pyrex collection. Perfect!

We emailed back and forth and exchanged photos of our respective Pyrex:






A scratch, a scratch!
Not so deep as a well, nor so wide as a church door.
(Sorry, too much R&J in my life these days.)
The only downside was the price of shipping to Canada.  I was 1 ounce over the 4lb limit for First Class International Mail, so I had to ship Priority.  However, I got amazing customer service from the lady behind the counter and there was no line. That almost never happens. Really, I feel like I paid extra to have an easy trip to the Post Office. Worth it? Totally.

This week (month) has been incredibly frustrating with all of the hours required to run Romeo & Juliet. Having this trade happen made me feel like I got something accomplished.  Thanks Paula!

ETA: Paula received her dish, it arrived in one piece and she loves it!

4 comments:

  1. My pleasure! Too bad that you had to pay more to ship... A great experience overall for me as well, and I can't wait to hear how your other trades go. All the best from (still) snowy Canada! Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoying your blog and now following. Both pieces are wonderful. Have lots of bowls (photos here: http://dearhelenhartman.blogspot.com/2011/03/monday-monday.html ) but not strictly pyrex and can't imagine letting go of any of them - next stop Hoarders: Vinatge Junk edition? Will be back to visit often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on a successful Pyrex trade! I've only traded one piece so far. I need some bakeware!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the trade! Glad it went well for you!!

    ReplyDelete