Saturday, March 19, 2011

Trade Me Up: Week 3

This weeks trade is a wooden dog salt & pepper shaker. I know there are some serious S&P shaker collectors out there. I'm not, but I couldn't resist this guy at the Goodwill. He's just too funny.


When I found him, he had some issues. Only one ear (the left in the photo), some of his parts had come unglued. I fixed that with some glue, leather, and a finishing nail. Other than that, I don't think he was ever used, no salt or pepper residue. The wood's finish is still in great condition.


His head fell off at the check out and scared the poor kid ringing me out. Don't worry, it's supposed to do that! I like that this set encourages you to use less salt since the head is smaller than the body. It's hard to set the salt down on a hard surface because of the ears. 


Even though he was missing an ear, his plugs are still intact. "Japan" is printed on the wood underneath the pepper plug.


What am I looking to trade for?
I'd like to expand my Pyrex Spring Blossom Collection, especially the 1.5 qt smaller green Cinderella Bowl that eludes me.
I love State Trays, check the State Tray Status page for the States I have.
Pendleton, Pendleton, Pendleton.

I will ship this guy First Class Mail anywhere in the US. Make me an offer! Or jump over to Apron Thrift Girl's post and make someone else an offer. Just do it, you know you want to! Still up for grabs,  Promotional Pyrex, from two weeks ago. 

1 comment: