Saturday, March 26, 2011

Trade Me Up Week 4 *TRADED*

Who wants some Vera?


Up for trade is one of the many Vera scarves I have found in my thrifting travels. The print is a pastel pink and orange in one of Vera's many watercolor floral designs  It is 45" long and 35" wide, it is acetate-not silk, but still very pretty. The photo above is one half of the scarf, the image is mirrored on the other end.


I would say the size of the signature combined with the material dates it to the late 70's or 80's.  Though I am no expert. (If the Vera Company would like to give me a job in their archives, I'll take it!)


As you can see in the photo above the rolled hem is coming unstitched. I'm going to fix that post haste. (See, too much Shakespeare in my head.)  I'm also going to give it a good wash and a press. I will ship anywhere in the USA First Class Mail and Canada too, now that I've got the hang of it.  (And this will definitely be under the 4lb limit-HA!)

Make me an offer! The Doggie Salt & Pepper Shaker is still up for grabs, the Pyrex Divided Dish was traded for another.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like so much fun! I hope you end up with lots of great stuff. You're offering some really nice pieces.

    ReplyDelete