Monday, April 4, 2011

Thrift Share Monday

Thrift Share Monday is upon us once again and that means linking up with the fabulous Apron Thrift Girl.  There wasn't time for too much thrifting this past week, but I did find myself needing to kill an hour and a half while I waited for the cobbler to repair a broken heel for R&J. What to do? Off to the Helping Hands Thrift Store I went. I had more time in this visit to explore the book section in back and found these gems for .79 each.


The I Hate to Housekeep Book is a particularly good read, it's very cheeky. Now I need to get my hands on the I Hate to Cook Book. I also found these Archie character glasses in great condition for .50 each. I think the flowered glass on the right is an older Kraft Swanky Swig, it's the right size and shape, but I have yet to ID the pattern. That one came from the Goodwill for .50.


The Goodwill also had this Verde Pyrex bowl for $1.99.


And this yellow refrigerator dish for $8. It was a little pricey, but it's in really great condition. No chips or major scratches and most important, no dishwasher effect!


I hope everyone had a successful thrifting weekend.  Be sure to check out the other folks over at ATG's Thrift Share Monday post. Hopefully, I'll have time to get to some Estate Sales this month, but the 10 day forecast for the North East does not look promising.

9 comments:

  1. Good scores - I love the covers on those old books. I've been ill this week but luckily still had to some previous finds to photograph. Hope you manage to get out hunting again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Hate to Housekeep! Have the 'hate to cook' book and love it - will now be looking for the other. Peg Bracken is the best, have fun reading. Great Pyrex finds too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Pyrex finds! I also love old books, Peg Bracken's books are funny. I remember my Mom having that book...I bet she still does.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jealous of the green pyrex bowl! I have the yellow and red ones, searching for the blue and green!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh good finds! Let us know how 'Sex and the NEW Single Girl' is. If I remember this correctly, I believe Helen Gurley Brown is the original founder/editor-in-chief of Cosmopolitan magazine. That should be a fun read!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the green pyrex refrig box! I agree it is worth it to spend a few dollars more for best quality! Lana www.lifeatwildberrycottage.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great treasure hunting finds here. I love that refrigerator dish and those books look like good entertainment:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have that same hate housekeeping book! and cheeky it is, i have debated on selling/keeping for a long while!

    ::found you through thrift share monday

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm...methinks I shall require a cheeky housekeeping book :)

    ReplyDelete