Monday, May 9, 2011

Vacation (All I Ever Wanted)

Well Nerds I have all but wrapped up my theater job for the season. I still have a few days left to do some clean up but the hard part is over. At the end of this week I am planning on a little R&R in the Boston area with the Vinyl Whores. I'm seeing a friend in a show, and of course we are going to do some shopping. I am excited to see that the Brimfield, MA Antique and Collectible Show will be happening that weekend and it lies directly between me and Boston. It's going to be Epic.

Since I'm saving my pennies for next weekend, I don't have too much to thrift share.  Just these Steam Punky sunglasses. I saw them last week at The English Market and thought they would be perfect for my next Costume Design project. And what would that be? Measure for Measure Steam Punk style! You'll be seeing more of this kind of stuff over the next few months as my designs progress.


I have decided to take this week off from the blog so I can do a little spring cleaning. I will be back  next Monday to Thrift Share about the vacation weekend with a new look to the blog. I will be updating the trip with photos on Facebook, so click over and "Like" the Vintage Spinster Facebook page.

Here is my shopping list for the trip:
(We don't have a ton of room in the car so I think we are mostly looking for clothes, smalls, and of course-records for the boys.)

Aprons (cute ones with pockets)
Clothes (either Vintage or with a Vintage vibe)
Scarves (long skinny ones for my hair)
State Trays (Nashco or not)
Spring Blossom or Primary Pyrex

I'm linking up with Apron Thrift Girl for Thrift Share Monday. I'll see you all again next week!

3 comments:

  1. Oooo... the Brimfield Antique Show. That's the mother of all antique shows, I think! That WILL be epic. Have a great vacation! Hope you find lots of treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time and bring back goodies to share!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those glasses were an amazing find! Have fun and be sure to write about your adventures. I'm having a thrifty adventure (In Miami) this weekend, too :)

    ReplyDelete