Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Vintage Fabric from Polly Sonic

My friend Polly Sonic, puppeteer, illustrator, fire spinner, mermaid, and all around cool girl posted on Facebook that she was looking to get rid of a box of vintage fabric, a sewing machine, and some vintage patterns. I emailed her with a "Um, hello?  Of course I want that fabric!" She said "Come n' get it!" and I immediately hopped in the car to go pick it up.  It was more than I had hoped for.


Here are the highlights of what I'm keeping...

Blue floral cotton:


Atomic black and white knit:



Cross stitch floral print:


More black and white:


Cotton hearts:


Large scale floral:

And my favorite is this amazing country village scene:


It looks like it once was a skirt. It may have to go back to being one!

Thanks Polly! Check out her blog antinomia, and this one for her latest puppet show Luna's Sea. I am seeing this in two weeks and I can't wait. All the puppets are made out of recycled materials. If you are going to be anywhere near Mystic, CT in the next couple months be sure to go see it!

3 comments:

  1. Love the new banner and logo! Very nice. If you ever see a steal on atomic barkcloth, let me know. All my sources are drying up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What luck! The fabric is fabulously fun. I especially like the cross stitch looking one and the country scene. Your new header is fantastic. I tried to use a cool font on mine but somehow it disappeared during the blogger episode last week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness! I'm so glad these found a good home, I made my grandmother happy. :)

    ReplyDelete