Monday, June 13, 2011

A Belated Thrift Share Monday to You

My current day job managing the Production Office at the International Festival of Arts and Ideas has been keeping me hopping.  There has been no time for thrifting or organizing all the stuff I do have, or selling it for that matter. There has barely been enough time to come home, eat a Klondike Bar, watch an episode of Roseanne on Netflix, and go to bed. Thank goodness Van over at Thrift Core posted her Confessions of a Busy Thrifty Professional,  I don't feel so alone. In fact in the little time I've been able to check y'alls blogs (between bites of lunch, usually) It seems we are all a little crazed with work, kids, and summer activities.

So my Thrift Share this week is something I found a couple weeks ago and forgot about. My very own pair of L.L. Bean Maine Hunting Boots. I paid $9.99 at Savers. They are a Mens size 7 in great shape, used and broken in but not worn to death.


I thought I wouldn't have the opportunity to wear them until Fall, but I was wrong. It was very rainy and cold this past weekend, turning backstage of our outdoor concert stage into a mud pit.


Fortunately, Yo-Yo Ma, The Silk Road Ensemble, and 8000 people were not deterred by the weather and our opening night concert was an absolute blast. Yo-Yo and the SRE were some of the nicest, most enthusiastic performers I've ever worked with and their stellar performance made a very stressful week much better. Here's a shot of the crowd from backstage:


Here is a short video of the concert and crowd from the Yale Daily News:


If you look to the far right of the stage you can see my friend Ray holding down a tent that the wind really wanted to blow off the stage despite it being weighted down. 

I have plenty of items kicking around the house to share for the next few Thrift Share Mondays while the Festival is still part of my life. So fear not, TSM will happen if not always in a timely fashion. Also keep watching for The Thrifts of Terror and Vintage Kitsch'n posts. 

I'm linking up with Apron Thrift Girl, as we do.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the link ;) It's true, it seems like we're all overwhelmed, trying to keep up in the chaos. We will prevail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun job! And awesome boots. I'd love to get my hands on a pair of those for the NorCal rainy seasons.

    ReplyDelete