Monday, June 27, 2011

Thrift Share Monday: The Glory of the iPhone

 I finally bit the bullet and got myself an iPhone.  Long story short, my Mom got one, then my best friend, and then I felt totally left out. So last Monday on my day off I went to the Verizon store and picked up my fancy new phone. I'm glad I did. The phone is great and Verizon will be switching to a tiered data plan system July 7th. Lock in that unlimited rate while you can Nerds. (Especially if you want to watch your Netflix.)

I'm well versed in iPhone app usage already, I've had an iPod Touch since the fall. But the iPod doesn't work everywhere like the iPhone. Like at Savers, which is next to my local Verizon store.  I spotted these mugs and thought wow, these look like they are by a modern designer.


Sure enough, I flip them over to find a signature in the pottery-always a good sign. Quick! To the interwebs! A quick check of eBay showed a couple of modern looking teapots. A google search came up with a link to another teapot on MODish.net. All good signs that I must purchase these mugs for $1 each. Subsequently,  I haven't been able to find much more information about Claudia Shuride, but I see no reason why these mugs won't eventually sell for a nice profit.



I can totally see where shopping with an iPhone could be a HUGE time suck. But I can also see where it can be really useful while you are still developing your mental database of what sells and what doesn't.  I can't wait to use the Map feature and Garage Sale apps on the go. Look for reviews on apps and ways to use your iPhone to increase your productivity to become a regular feature on Vintage Spinster. I'm linking up with Apron Thrift Girl for Thrift Share Monday.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post! Those mugs do look modern, good luck finding more info!

    I may have to just suck it up and get the phone before that tiered data structure! It sounds like such a nightmare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO in love with my Iphone. I use the eBay app to look up completed items all the time while out shopping as well as just the regular internet searching. I also use it to snap quick pictures of items at flea markets that need more research later at home then go back and purchase later. This has saved me a lot of money b/c I used to get burned sometimes guessing at values. I hope you do well with your mugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Garage sale app?? that'd be mad, we don't have that here, you're way lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now you have me curious about Claudia Shuride. I'm about to get my first smart phone and try to catch up with all the rest of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vintage Scapes-one of my co workers has a great idea of buying an older smartphone on eBay and just upgrading his plan before the 7th. Then he'll be set to go when the iPhone 5 comes out.

    Dana-somehow I knew you'd be interested. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been debating on the iphone. I guess I should just suck it up and buy one now. I've been waiting, but I guess I shouldn't anymore? I can't wait to get one. Maybe next week I will give Verizon a phone call.

    ReplyDelete