Monday, August 29, 2011

Thrift Share Monday: Nothing to Report Except Irene Is Gone

Obviously Hurricane/Tropical Storm Irene put a damper on any thrifting possibilities for the weekend. Fortunately my home escaped unscathed without even loosing power and there was no flooding on my street. In Connecticut a few shoreline homes were lost to the sea, and there is major flooding inland. All in all, it could have been much, much worse.  My thoughts are with everyone all over the East Coast who have to deal with Miss Irene and her aftermath.



I'll be back in the blogging groove this week, so stay tuned. I have more Measure for Measure posts, a Vintage Kitsch'n post about eggplant, and my (half-assed) quest for a new couch to share with you. Hopefully next weeks TSM will have some goodies, since there are plenty of Labor Day sales happening at the thrifts.


1 comment: