Saturday, September 3, 2011

Thrifts of Terror: Big Floral Thing

I don't even know what this could be, except direct from the 80's.
Whatever it is, it's huge and was seen at the Bridgeport, CT Goodwill.



Oh yes, a little Google search led to this image:


Uh, huh. That's exactly what it is.
A big dried floral thing for your 80's wall.

Interior photo from Ugly House Photos

Which seems to be a blog of ugly real estate photos from the Phoenix area. Which is brilliant. I highly recommend checking out the archives by decade. 

7 comments:

  1. HA! It's like a condo from the 80's

    ReplyDelete
  2. That floral thing is just awful!

    I love that site! Thanks for posting it. I've been surfing it on & off all day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is so totally 80's. Yup, I said totally. It would look so bitchin' next to a Duran Duran poster.

    <3Jackie @ Let's Go Thrifting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had God-awful taste in the 80s, didn't we? What's up with that???

    I will admit (with red face) that I had a similar big, ugly floral thing back then. The only thing that redeems me at all is the fact that I had the good sense to get rid of mine and destroy any pictures that might link it to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We did have horrible tase in the 80's. I hope that in 20 years people aren't obsessing over pastel overstuffed furniture and dried flowers the way we obsess about danish modern.
    This style does remind me of my High School drama teacher who looooved 80's interiors. We used to joke that with every modern interior set for a show that he was vicariously redecorating his home. He would have loved that big floral thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. are dried flowers out of fashion now? my mom still has a bunch at home, but it's not wall decor like that one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw some of this crap at my t.s. today. They are everywhere

    ReplyDelete