Monday, October 10, 2011

(Belated) Weekend Update

I thought I'd pop in on Sundays to quickly share my progress on the home project front and the ReSelling Challenge.

Project Finish What You Started:
The mod rug now has the no-slip rug pad stitched to it. It took two episodes of Project Runway to complete. 




No more slipping!

Sucks for kitties, slipping was fun.

I'm still trucking along on the baby gift, and am making good progress. So as a bonus, because I can't share that project just yet, I will show you a completed project from a couple weeks ago. I realized I had forgotten to share my new set up in the front hall with the gossip bench. Here is before, with my sewing machine table. It worked OK but...


...this is SO much better! It works really great as a landing strip, and I am inspired to keep it tidy because it is so cute!


Projects completed to date: 1 (Hey, you gotta start somewhere.)

ReSelling Challenge:
As for ReSelling, I sold one item on eBay this week. It was an audio book that I used as an example to play around with posting using the eBay app. Good thing I just used the one item to see how it went before posting a ton of stuff. Somehow the email to mail payments through Paypal got switched to something that didn't even exist. So my buyer couldn't pay. I had to have her cancel the payment (twice!) and send her an invoice through Paypal. So of course I didn't make her pay for shipping for the inconvenience.
Money made: $0. Lesson learned: priceless!

Next Week:
I'll be continuing progress on the Top Secret Baby Gift and plan on completing a couple small projects. I have a framing project that is finally coming together and some mid-century wood handled silverware that needs refurbed.

I was also asked to participate in a local pop-up show sponsored by the English Market. It's a Vintage Fashion Expo and I originally thought that I wouldn't be able to participate because I have a long work day on the same day, but in the words of Tim Gunn, we are "making it work." Ironically, for a Costume Designer, I don't have a lot of vintage clothing inventory. But I have a couple co-workers who I am going to commission for, and I made a quick trip to Goodwill on Sunday morning for Dollar Day.  I really edited my purchases and found some great stuff. I think this will take up most of my time this week. As for online sales, for this week I'm just going to use the eBay app to list some books.

Here's to keeping the ball rolling.

2 comments:

  1. I accidentally deleted Dana's comment. Here is what she had to say:

    "I really like that you used your gossip bench in the entry. It looks great. I've had mine in the front hall for a couple of months now. Although I've really liked it there, I've wondered if that was a strange place to put it. Yours looks perfect where it is, so I'll quit worrying about mine and just enjoy it."

    Yes, Dana-enjoy it! Since so few people have landlines anymore, it frees up the location of a gossip bench. No need to be tied to a phone jack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that cookbook looks awesome! we have a very old "cooky book" from the 50's and it has the BEST recipes. :)

    ReplyDelete