Monday, October 17, 2011

Thrift Share Monday: Back in Black

For my job backstage at a Regional Theater, I am required to wear black clothing. The better for the audience not to see me. Because of the physical nature of the job, I usually gravitate to jeans and t-shirts. Lately, I've been trying to inject some sense of style into my wardrobe. This weekend I really upped the ante on my "blacks."

First I bought this vintage black knit dress for $10 at a local Vintage Fashion Expo. It fits like a dream and it's perfect for layering. I love, love, love it!


Next I took a trip to Savers and bought some disaster towels for work. You know, for disasters.


Seriously, this happened Saturday night at work. We just like to keep the towels for cleaning up messes and the towels for cleaning up people separate. This next show has tons of fake blood and water and our supply of disaster towels was dwindling. I bought 5 good size bath towels for $1.99 each. 

After loading up on towels I took a spin through clothing. I have been looking for a black cotton pencil skirt at the Thrifts for FOREVER! I was rewarded today with this beauty. Turns out it is some fancy brand from Paris called Sandoro. I'm finally trendy! For only $6!



I found two more skirts. The first is this pleated knit from Karen Scott for $4.


The second is this a-line cotton skirt from Alexandra Bartlett for $5



I usually don't care for shirt/sweater combo garments. However, this shirt from Anne Klein is so sophisticated and classy I am making an exception. It was an extravagance at $10 but it works with all of the skirts I purchased and will look good with pants and jeans. 


This $5 shirt from H&M is new and has a great structure and fit.

At the Milford Goodwill I managed to finally find fabulous vintage shoes. I don't have many occasions to wear heels, but when I do, people are going to be jealous. Oh yes they are. Especially when I tell them they were $6.


These Daniel Green Outdorables are nothing short of adorable. I can't get over how cute they are. The chunky little heel! The fringe detail! The gingham interior! Also $6.


Thanks for stopping by Thrift Share Monday. I'm linking up with Her Library Adventures Flea Market Finds and Apron Thrift Girl's Thrift Share Monday

If you like the Monday thrift shares with all the good stuff, you should check out WTF Tuesdays at Sir Thrift A Lot and see some of the scary things that got left behind at the thrifts. I link up my Thrifts of Terror every week, it's so much fun!






4 comments:

  1. Wow, you made a great haul! What a wardrobe boost!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need some basic work togs like these... I hope to channel some of your thrift store good luck! Those last pair of shoes are killer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The knit dress is great! All those great wardrobe additions so that people won't see you. Sadness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love those shoes with the chunky heel, they are adorable!

    ReplyDelete