Sunday, December 11, 2011

Thrifts of Terror: Christmas DIY

Want to dress up your existing artwork to make it look more Christmasy?
Step 1:  Choose your artwork. Pick your best velvet painting that looks like a tree.
Step 2 Gather your supplies. In this case you will need some crappy tinsel, velvet bows and a staple gun.
Step 3 Randomly staple your tinsel and bows all over your artwork.

Now you have a fancy framed Christmas tree!


Can't get the staples back out without ruining the original artwork? Don't worry, your local Goodwill will be taking donations through New Years.

Seen at the Milford, CT Goodwill.

7 comments:

  1. MILFORD!!!? I was going to guess Foxon Road or State Street

    ReplyDelete
  2. WTF? That's taking repurposing to a completely unnecessary level.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Christmas disaster! Now the only question I have...how much did Goodwill want for this little holiday miracle?

    <3Jackie @ Let's Go Thrifting!
    http://LetsGoThrifting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. hee hee, can you believe someone gave that away to the thrift!?! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Horror of horrors! Make it go away! I used to love decorations like that when I was little, now I won't even put up my Christmas tree. Hum bug with Christmas this year ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! I kinda like it. But maybe just because it reminds me of my grandparents. I'd never put something like that up in my house.

    ReplyDelete