Saturday, January 21, 2012

Thrifts of Terror: Damn Dirty Hippies

Nothing quite sums up my feelings about Hippies as this blog post from my friend Jessica about Burning Man does:

"I turn into Conservative Grandpa when I’m around them. Get a job! Put on pants! Shave your pits, you stink! You cannot substitute patchouli for a shower! Dreadlocks have no place on a white person! Here’s a hard candy!”

I don't do patchouli, or drum circles, and I don't like this....thing. So many things wrong. The colors, the paint job, the springy things. The fact that there are seven letters and only three photo holders.


Why a counterculture needs to be marketed to the PB Teen crowd is beyond me. What's next G O T H in black, white, and silver?

Seen at the Londonderry, NH Goodwill.

5 comments:

  1. Yeah, that this IS ugly. No self-respecting hippie of the 60s or 70s would have owned something like that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Horrible.

    "Here’s a hard candy!” - ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. With their (hippies) filthy stoner lifestyle, it's amazing all the letters were still together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy, don't get me started on hippies... I have a hard enough time handling the hipsters that have taken over every bar downtown.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That this? Have I finally reached the age where I start having serious brain farts? Jeeeeeeeeze...

    And I'm laughing about the hard candy thing too. That's priceless.

    ReplyDelete