Sunday, February 12, 2012

Weekend Update: Riding High in April, Shot Down in May

This has been one of those weeks with crazy highs and crazy lows. The highs will be revealed shortly over the next week or so, and they are amazeballs! The biggest low was having one of my external hard drives crap out. I managed to open it one last time to copy everything before it finally gave up the ghost, but damn that was a close call and a very long morning.

On to the weekly goals wrap up:

This Week:
1. Get rid of the old desk.  Finally!
2. Finish clothing alterations.
3. Plan meals and a Vintage Kitsch'n post for next week.
4. Start the next quilt project. Cut all pieces for top and bias for binding. Only the bias left to cut, but I may have under estimated the amount of fabric I need.
5. Read American Buffalo 2-3 more times and make a prop list.  I now know the difference between pig iron, a pig sticker, and a hog stretcher-go figure.
6. Get to the gym 4 times this week and exercise for at least 30 minutes. 

Next Week:
1. Plan meals and a Vintage Kitsch'n post for next week.
2. Sell the Ikea chair on Craigslist.
3. Start putting American Buffalo to paper. Rough set sketches and make research collages for costumes.
4. Dig out Macbeth binders from the basement.
5. Put quilt blocks together. Figure out if I have enough fabric for backing and binding.
6. Return library books, clear out fines, check out new books. 

Thing A Week:

One of my clothing alterations required a tricky bit of sewing. I bought this vintage Pendleton skirt for $1 at Goodwill. I knew I would want to shorten it. What I didn't realize was that the lining was completely ripped out in the back seam and starting to blow on the side seams and darts. So I took a piece of the hem I cut off, and pieced it in the back to reinforce the seam.  I call this a "can of worms alteration." You start fixing something that seems so simple, and before you know it you've found 8 other issues. 



I will be revealing one of my highs from this week tomorrow for Thrift Share Monday. Those of you who follow me on Facebook or Instagram, have already seen it. Those of you that missed it will be happy to know I finally found the perfect couch. It will be delivered tomorrow afternoon. I can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. Computer and alterations problems suck. Glad you found a solution to both. I can't wait to hear about your highs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent job this week! I'm not putting working out goals on my list...for now. Those are the hardest to keep!

    And now...let me actually knock out some of the long-standing tasks from the list...

    ReplyDelete