On to the weekly goals wrap up:
3. Plan meals and a Vintage Kitsch'n post for next week.
1. Plan meals and a Vintage Kitsch'n post for next week.
2. Sell the Ikea chair on Craigslist.
3. Start putting American Buffalo to paper. Rough set sketches and make research collages for costumes.
4. Dig out Macbeth binders from the basement.
5. Put quilt blocks together. Figure out if I have enough fabric for backing and binding.
6. Return library books, clear out fines, check out new books.
Thing A Week:
One of my clothing alterations required a tricky bit of sewing. I bought this vintage Pendleton skirt for $1 at Goodwill. I knew I would want to shorten it. What I didn't realize was that the lining was completely ripped out in the back seam and starting to blow on the side seams and darts. So I took a piece of the hem I cut off, and pieced it in the back to reinforce the seam. I call this a "can of worms alteration." You start fixing something that seems so simple, and before you know it you've found 8 other issues.
I will be revealing one of my highs from this week tomorrow for Thrift Share Monday. Those of you who follow me on Facebook or Instagram, have already seen it. Those of you that missed it will be happy to know I finally found the perfect couch. It will be delivered tomorrow afternoon. I can't wait!