Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Vintage Kitsch'n: Blueberry Peach Cobbler

Recipe: Variation on Cherry Cobbler
From: Betty Crocker Good and Easy Cookbook

Instead of the cherry cobbler, I used peaches and blueberries since that's what I had on hand.


Creative Cookery: I do what I want
Instead of canned pie filling, I used a mix of fruit, sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon.  I also substituted Trader Joe's Multigrain baking mix for the Bisquick.



Vintage Wares:
Pyrex Square Flowers for mixing and  Spring Blossom for serving.


Verdict: Blue Ribbon
This is actually a recipe I have been using for years. My mother's cobbler recipe is almost identical. I've just never seen it written down before. Nor have I, or would I, ever use a canned  filling.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds delicious! My mother and my grandmothers never used a canned filling in their lives. I imagine they'd turn over in their graves if I started now. Let's hear it for those of us still old school enough to make our own!

    ReplyDelete